More flexibility and better performance compared to cheaper monthly rates. These are the main differences between Cloud hosting and Shared hosting. If you want to keep the hosting as affordable as possible, Shared hosting is the best option. However, for the best performance and large amounts of internet traffic, Cloud hosting is the better choice.
Over the years, the world of hosting has gained momentum. About 10 years ago you could choose from not too many hosting packages, while at the moment you have an unprecedented amount of choice. One of the newest forms of hosting is Cloud hosting.
Cloud hosting uses a virtual space for storing files. That is therefore an important difference compared to shared hosting; after all, shared hosting uses a data center.
Because the files are located in a virtual space, you will enjoy the necessary advantages:
- A lot of flexibility: thanks to the cloud hosting you can go in all directions. For example, you have nothing to do with physical limitations, as is or can be the case with shared hosting. For example, with shared hosting you have to deal with a limited storage space, while this is not the case with cloud hosting.
- Better performance: due to the above story, cloud hosting also delivers better performance. This can be seen in the speed of your website, but also in the minimal downtime.
- Suitable for large amounts of internet traffic: do you have a successful website with thousands of visitors per day? Then cloud hosting may be the best option for you. This hosting is suitable for large amounts of internet traffic.
- Very safe: with shared hosting you have to deal with other websites that run on the same server. In the unlikely event that something is wrong with one of these websites, you are also stuck with the baked pears. With Cloud hosting, however, you do not have to be afraid of that; in that case, your website enjoys the perfect security.
- Perfectly scalable: thanks to the above advantages, cloud hosting is perfectly scalable. This form of hosting is therefore frequently used by website owners who strive for the desired scalability.
Is cloud hosting suitable for really everyone? No, certainly not. You have to take into account that cloud hosting is quite pricey. This is the way this hosting works, but also because this is still a relatively new form of hosting. If you choose this hosting, you pay a relatively large amount of money. However, you are assured of all the above benefits.
Would you like to keep the costs for your website as low as possible? And are you therefore looking for a simple hosting for, for example, your WordPress website? Then shared hosting is the best option for you.
With shared hosting, you mainly enjoy the simplicity. You share this form of hosting with other customers of the hosting company, so that, for example, all costs are divided. You also do not need any technical knowledge for this form of hosting.
We have listed the most important advantages of shared hosting for you:
- No technical knowledge required: to be able to use shared hosting, you do not need any technical knowledge. The only thing you have to do yourself is to take out a package with the hosting company. The hosting company then takes care of the rest.
- You do not have to carry out any maintenance: with shared hosting you do not have to carry out maintenance on the server yourself. This is also entirely for the account (and responsibility) of the hosting company.
- Affordable: shared hosting is by far the cheapest form of hosting. In some cases, you pay less than a euro per month for this form of hosting. If you dream of such amounts, then this is simply the best form of hosting.
- You can create multiple e-mail accounts: with shared hosting it is ‘just’ possible to create multiple e-mail accounts. It is nice if, for example, you want to create multiple e-mail addresses for your website.
Does shared hosting equal ‘web hosting’? No, that is not the case. For example, the term web hosting also includes Dedicated Hosting and VPS Hosting. Compared to those variants, however, shared hosting is a lot cheaper.
It is also a fact that shared hosting is a lot easier. For example, you do not need any technical knowledge to use shared hosting.
What is the best choice for you?
Are you currently looking for new hosting for your website? Then you would be wise to make a good comparison. As far as we are concerned, shared and cloud hosting are interesting, but not in all situations.
For example, do you have a simple blog website, a small webshop or a company website without too much fuss? Then shared hosting is the best option for you. This form of hosting is inexpensive, easy to use and stands out for its simplicity.
Do you have a large e-commerce webshop? Do you have a webshop with thousands of visitors every day? Do you have an international webshop/website? Or do you have a website where scalability is an important item? Then you better choose cloud hosting.
Do you prefer to spend as little money as possible? Then shared hosting is the best option for you. Would you rather be assured of the best quality, security and scalability? Then cloud hosting is the best option for you.
Do you want to make a choice between cloud hosting and shared hosting? Thanks to this article, you should undoubtedly be able to make the decision quickly. If this is not the case, you can always contact us.
We are happy to inform and support you in the field of hosting. This way we know exactly which hosting is most interesting for your website. If you have ears for this, we can then also arrange this hosting for you. We take all the work off your hands, so you can focus on your core business.
Are you interested in this? Fill in our contact form, start a live chat via our website or call 030 20 74 288. We are happy to assist you!