With a Giphy you make your website a lot more attractive and interactive. To take advantage of these advantages, you would have to implement a Giphy in the right way in your WordPress website. How to do this, we discuss step by step.
What is a Giphy?
On the internet you will find many types of GIFs. These are moving images that in many cases have a funny and fun tone. By placing such GIFs on your website, you make each article a lot more lighthearted. An additional advantage is that the GIFs last very short; at a glance, your visitor immediately sees the essence of the GIF in question.
To get this done, you should get started with Giphy. This is an American online database with which you can use the short looping videos.
You can actually compare this with the GIFs that you can send via Whatsapp. In most cases, you can also implement these GIFs on your WordPress website.
Create a Giphy
If you would like to use a GIF, you have two options. You can implement an existing Giphy on your website, but you can also choose to create a Giphy yourself. To make a Giphy, we advise you to follow the step-by-step plan below:
- Step 1: Go to the website www.giphy.com. Through this website you can directly make a Giphy.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Create’ at the top right and click on ‘Choose Photo or GIF’.
- Step 3: Now upload the photos or files you want to start using.
- Step 4: Giphy will automatically create a slideshow of this, after which you can set how long the video should last.
- Step 5: Click on ‘Continue to decorate’ and add any nice texts to the GIF.
- Step 6: Click through again and you will immediately see the created Giphy.
- Step 7: Is your Giphy to your liking? Then you can right-click on the Giphy and save the link of the GIF.
Using a Giphy in WordPress
Have you made a nice GIF for your website/company? Then you will undoubtedly want to place it on your website in the right way. You can do this in the following way:
- Step 1: Open the post or page where you want to post the GIF
- Step 2: Add a new block and choose ‘image’
- Step 3: Now click on ‘insert via URL’
- Step 4: now paste the link you copied in step 7 of the previous step-by-step plan
Can’t do this for some reason? Then you can also choose to add an HTML block to your page. In this HTML block you can then also paste the relevant URL.
Making a Giphy is not too difficult in itself. Especially if you have done this before, it is a Giphy make sliced cake. However, do you then have trouble placing the GIF on your website? Then it is wise to contact us. We are happy to look for the cause and solve the problem quickly for you. Then you enjoy the best GIFs on your website!